Six years ago, I became a Mummy

Asher Gene...about an hour after his birth, in SCBU


About an hour into his sixth birthday!


It's hard to believe I've been on this Motherhood journey for 6years....most of the time it seems like just a couple of years...(though when the kids are sick etc it feels like forever).... yet here I was on Sunday gone, wishing my Beautiful son a Happy 6th Birthday!  Crazy!  They say time flies when you're having fun,so I guess we're having oodles of fun right now! heehee.

Anyway we decided a while back that we'd travel to Cambridge for Ashers birthday this year, to save his Nana and Grandad Bassett having to travel like they usually do.  Besides it was a great excuse to all get away for the weekend together.  By "together" I mean us...Warrens family...my family...and our "adopted" family ~ Murray and Jean (where the "Gene" comes from in Ashers name) Cash who came up to Cambridge from New Plymouth.
My Dad and Mum, Warrens Mum and Dad, Murray & Jean and Asher.
My mum and Dad travelled 2 hours to get here then we all piled into our van and travelled down to Cambridge (about 4hrs drive South for those of you outside of New Zealand) after Ash finished school. That was part of the fun...just the road trip..the stories...the snacks!! haha.  It's times like this that I'm so blessed to have kids who don't get carsick at all! (Thank you Lord!). We are very very lucky to have families that really enjoy each others company...my parents really love Warrens and vice versa. So we kinda hung out for the weekend, then we had a birthday lunch  with an enormous sized cake forAsher on Sunday, ((thanks Nana and Grandad Bassett!)) before we headed home again...tired, overfed and with a van full of presents!

We also caught up with Aunty Joy (Warrens sister) and Rob, and the kids loved playing at her farm with all the baby goats.  And we got to see Aunty Pam (Warrens other sister), big cuzzy James and Kaden before they left and headed back to Hawera.  On our way home we had a quick "Hello" to Uncle Bob (My bro), on the side of the road, as he was on his way to catch a plane to Wales...so we got to see nearly everyone!!.

I found myself thinking a great deal about how our lives have changed since becoming parents.  It's amazing how having a child makes you "grow up"!  We always think about ourselves a great deal before kids.  We can do what we want, when we want without having to consider anyone else... quite a selfish self-centred lifestyle...man oh man having kids soon whacks that outta you!  heehee. 
I thought about all of the wonderful times we've had with Asher....watching him grow up, and then become an awesome, loving caring big brother to Kendyl!  He often tells me he prayed for a sister and God gave him Kendyl!  He is a sensitive and compassionate boy, he really does care about others, and I hope that continues throughout his life.  He knows he is loved by lots of people and that he is wanted, and that we were so blessed to have him...I hope he remembers these things later in life when he faces tough times.  I can't wait to see what God has in store for him/his life, and I know that if he puts God first he can't go wrong! (He knows this too!).  Anyway will end this here...with a whole heap of "Asher pics" and memories...
Happy Birthday my beautiful beautiful boy!  You came into our lives and continue to bless us every day with that gorgeous smile.  Love you lots my darling son xxxx

then

now

then

Now




Comments

  1. Happy birthday Asher! Love the photos... that is SO SWEET that he prayed and asked God for a little sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday beautiful boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wow, what a beautiful tribute to your son - he sounds just lovely, and gosh, what stunning eyes! Happy Birthday Asher - it sounds as though you have a wonderful family, who love you and will travel great distances to celebrate with you.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Asher! As Gail said, what a lovely tribute to your gorgeous boy. And what a wonderful celebration surrounded by loving family!

    Yes - my mum's initials are AM, so it's definitely her that you know! Wow it is a small world! I will have to tell her that you've left a comment and direct her over here to your lovely blog! Thanks for stopping by and leaving me such a nice comment. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Neetz :o) I see you and Helen have met! Helen and I went through school together. There are so many people on here from Whangarei, it's amazing! We could start our own blogging club, LOL :o) Speaking of old faces, I've been meaning to ask you if you know how Leo is doing these days? He was in our group of friends that used to hang out at church/youth group. I haven't been in touch with him for years but I remember he was related to you somehow? Aunty? Cousin? Not sure... anyways I was just curious! Do you still go to Elim/Equip? I went during my high school years, then after high school went to AOG/Crossroads up until I got married and moved away. I miss Whangarei! Mum and I went up for a few days while I was home in February and caught up with lots of friends. It felt like I'd never been away!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You truly ROCK for leaving a comment .. Ta Muchly xx
(Due to lots of spam I have turned the word verification on again!) sorry x

Popular Posts